Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bike rides


Nathan is very excited that he has a bicycle to go for rides around the neighborhood. Today, in an attempt to break the cycle of hitting and pushing that occurs around 10 am every day, I suggested that we bring his bicycle to Grandma Suzy's house for a ride. Of course, Nathan was determined that he would ride his bicycle to Grandma's and that I should put the girls in the car and drive along side him. Lucky for me he was convinced by the end of the driveway, when he got stuck and needed a push, that we should put the bike in the back of the van and drive it to Grandma's. We also enjoyed a quick ride over to Grandma Lisa's. Little did Mommy know that there would be so many lessons along the way... like crossing the street, riding in the bike lane, and going up and down curbs :) Needless to say, it was a 45 minute ride, with one minor meltdown in the middle of crossing the biggest intersection on the route. I'm really looking forward to future rides with all the kids and thank god for Grandma and Grandpa living so close!!

1 comment:

Courtney Kellum said...

How cute!! I'm sure this is just the first bike-ride adventure of many...

I love the picture in front of your neighbor's blow-up city too. So funny!!