Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Why babies wear diapers

I'm often told stories from friends and family about how their child loves "naked time" after a bath or before bed. I always laugh and wonder, would my kids like to run around naked? Well we know Nathan does, now that he's big enough to take his own clothes off, we constantly remind him why he needs to at least put his underwear on :) After the girls had a bath the other night, I decided that Danielle could run around naked while I dressed Carolyn. Normally I bathe the girls separately, but that evening they had sloppy joe's for dinner, so in the tub they went! I admit it takes a little time to get the knots out of Carolyn's curls after a bath, so it was probably 5 minutes or so before I got to Danielle. Once I did, it was too late. There was POO all over my family room. It was like those Family Circus comics were you see the trail that Billy took to do something. You could see where she had squatted to do her business. Then where she discovered something running down her leg and wiped it with her hands. Then where she had wiped her hands on the floor! Needless to say, there will be no more naked time in this house for a LONG time.

2 comments:

A.k.a. "Mommy" said...

What, no pictures?!
Sorry- had to say it. Sounds horrifying- hope you had a good laugh after the clean-up!

Unknown said...

ROTFL, that is too funny!...from a far. ;-)